Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

25th April 2007 - Yer shite still reeks love

Amy was in a bad mood today. Normally she's in a reasonable frame of mind - or rather temper - she's obviously in no frame of mind or she wouldn't be in there. Ellie and I were playing snap, sitting at a table, with Dad watching. Amy joined us at the vacant chair at the table and asked to join in. Ellie was pleased and handed her a pile of cards to play with. The game started with Ellie, moved to me, then to Amy. Amy didn't play a card so Ellie said "It's your turn, you need to play a card". "I know I need to play a card, I'm no that far gone that I need a bairn to tell me how to play cerds!" but still no card. We waited a bit longer. No card. I played my card and she rounded on me "You're jist taking the piss now. Away and fuck off, snap my arse! And you mind your language in front of the bairn!" and she wander off cursing me and my card sharp cheating ways. I was bemused. She looked back and turned to spit at me "You think you're better than us don't you? Yer shite still reeks love, same as mine" and off she went again. In the corner of my eye I see Tweedledum smirking. She's of the opinion that I think I'm better than her too. Couldn't be further from the truth really, I don't think I'm better than anyone, far from it. If I were to measure myself against anyone else I'd come up woefully inadequate. For all I inwardly mock the Tweedles, I know I couldn't do what they do, I'm not enough of a person and they are. No, I don't think I better than you Amy. Saner yes, better no. And the saner bit isn't a definite, not necessarily a permanent fixture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home