Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

16th April 2007 - Don't-give-a-fucker

It was a sunny day - much sunnier and warmer than you'd expect for the time of year. British obsession with weather. Anyway, as we left - Dad was too hot so dehydrated and completely sensless - I saw Tweedledee who asked if we ( me and Ellie ) were away to enjoy the sunshine. When I said we were she rounded with a vicious but vaguely joking "It's alright for some eh? I say it's alright for some! I'm stuck in here they lot, wiping the shite aff the bloody wall's, but that fine, you away and hive an ice cream an a walk on the beach". If you asked her what her job was she'd say "Carer".

What does that make the rest of us then - don't-give-a-fuckers? Carer, my arse as Jim Royle would say. Carer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home