Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

30th January 2008 - Ming the merciless

Sundowning again. On a loop......

Resident 1 "Dr Menzies" - said Mingis - "the baby's dead, the baby's dead, bring her floors, bring her floors. Dr Menzies, Mrs Munro, wee Craig, away oot to play, the baby's dead, the baby's dead".

Resident 2 "God, I hear God. Love me Jesus. Little children. Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so"

Resident 3 "Mammy, Daddy, the mans hurting me"

Resident 4 "Yefuckinbassayefuckinbassaye"

Resident 5 "Aaaargh. Aaaaargh. Aaaargh"

Resident 6 "He's a barber. I'm not needing a haircut I want a fag".

Me "So, how has today been then Dad?"

Dad looks round him slowly, looks back at me with resignation, with derision, with sadness "I'm grand. Yourself?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home