Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

17th January 2008 - Is it Noro or novo ?

Well? Which is it? If you google either you'll get information about puke and diaorrhea.

I think it must be Norovirus because there are more hits for Noro than novo.

Apologies, then, for my past two posts - but you'll have got the jist - or is that the gyst.

The home phoned yesterday to let me know Dad had 'sat on an invisible chair' again and had been found on the floor. No-one saw him fall. Did he make a noise?

One of these days he's going to break something falling, a hip or a leg. Poor old soul - I hope someone notices and he doesn't try and walk on a broken bone. Why can't they have CCTV in the shared areas of homes? Even just from a security point of view - wouldn't it be better to know that any bullying by staff or by residents would be recorded. It would be safer for staff and a comfort for relatives.

I feel a suggestion to the management coming on..... now to think of the reasons they'll come up with why it's impossible and have some counter arguments up my metaphorical sleeve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home