Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

30th November 2007 - Joking apart

One of the housekeeping staff - Allie - is very chatty, very inappropriate, very disrespectful - but she gets away with it. It's obvious she cares, that she likes the residents and that she has a good heart. She's also very lazy and would much rather sit and chat than hoover - but I'm with her on that one. I'd rather she chatted with residents than vacuumed around their feet. She knows everyone, she jokes irreverantly with everyone and I like her. One of these days, though, she's going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and her ass will be hung out to dry. Today wasn't that day though.

"I think I'm as mad as they are sometimes. Really I do. I'd forget ma heid if it wisnae tied oan. Eh Bruce? Wit am I like? I think I'm gittin' that dementia off of you lot".

Bruce laughed and said "I thought I had that once. I went to the doctors and told him but he tellt me I should jist go away and forget aboot it".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home