Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

8th October 2007 - Sitcoms

I had a daydream today - well everyone else was sleeping so I didn't feel too guilty - I was dreaming of taking Dad out to the foreshore of a sunny autumn day. All wrapped up, and tucked into a wheelchair. The sun warm on our faces and Dad cosy in the blankets. Seagulls circling and squalling above, watching the waves choppily roll towards the coast. But then I loose control of the chair and he runs down the hill, careering away infront on me, like a sketch from Victor Meldrew - I don't believe it - me running after him trying to slow him, trying to catch him, stop him plunging over the edge into the sea.

Funny thing the subconscious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home