Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

3rd September 2007 - Yer in an fucking nursing hame

I went in to visit on my own, jut after lunchtime. Dad was very sleepy. Maybe it was because he'd just eaten but I think he's fighting off another dose of infection because his arm seems swollen again, and hot to the touch. I sat beside him while he slept, and even managed to hold his hand for a while. That seems to please him because he woke to my touch and didn't take his hand away, but looked at me, held my eye contact for a few seconds, then fell asleep again.

Cecily was shouting at Lily "Yer in a fucking nursing hame ya daft auld bat, yer naw 19 and yer Da's long deid". Lily was obviously surprised to hear this and thought it over until she returned with "And yer aff yer heid, if this is a nursing hame, why I'm staunin' here waitin' on the 21 bus tae take me up the toon tae the dancin'? Eh? Cannae answer tha' can ye?"

Dad mumbled from his sleep "It's a train station, she's not the full shillin' that one".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home