Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

9th October 2008 - Dad died

We'd both been worried that he'd die and we wouldn't notice. That one of his slow low breathing spells would just continue a bit longer and he'd not breath back in.

I can't write about it, it seems wrong, but it wasn't something anyone could fail to notice was happening. It was horrific. It was awful. The staff were in tears, we were in tears. We were literally hysterical afterwards in the flat, laughing in the most inappropriate way, but both knowing it was the letdown, the emotions that got us through the last few days spilled and we laughed, drank and cried.

I'm glad I was there. No-one should have to die alone. I'm glad I was able to help him pass.

Goodnight Dad. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home