Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

28th June 2007 - Rotate weekly to prolong life

I got a text from my brother to say he'd visit but I was worried about Dad's state the previous day, so I went in anyway. When we got there - Ellie and I - he was asleep in a 'comfy' chair with a support cushion hugged to him. These cushions are dotted around the place, used either under the seat cushion for extra height, used as a regular cushion in supporting the back or occasionally as props for the residents that can not hold themselves upright at all and will slump without support. They are square, covered in blue plastic and stink. They are also emblazoned with advise for use of the cushion. As I looked along the line of residents sleeping in the armchairs I realised some wag had positioned each of them to hug a cushion to themselves, and arranged their arms so you could read the cushion care advise "Rotate weekly to prolong life".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home