Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

23rd May By Jingo

My Dad is the only person I’ve ever met that actually says things like “By Jingo” and “Jings” and blazes, blinking and all those other non-swear swearie words. I’ve never even heard him say bloody. Even now, trapped in his ever tightening cell, his window on the world closing and closing, he never lets slip a bugger instead of a blast it all. “Well blow me”, that’s another favourite. What does that mean then – apart from the obvious?

I’d not be like that – I’d be a swearing mess. I’d be a tourrettes Tommy of a dementia person. If you stripped away my social niceties, took off my cloak of respectability, I’d be a horrible old woman. I’d shout and scream and frighten. I’d not go gently. I’m going to burn and rave at close of day. I will rage, rage against the dying of my light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home