Personal blog about dealing with a father with dementia in a care home.

Monday, October 30, 2006

25th October 2006 Visiting No-one

I glanced back in the visitors book over the last couple of days. Yesterday in the early hours Robert was in, stayed for an hour and then left. Rebecca must have gone then because today's entry for him, under the column for the visitor to enter the name of who they are visiting, Robert drew a line. I faltered when I saw it, the line through the name box. I realise that subconsciously I'd been looking for their names. I'm not sure if I wanted to see them or not - did I want her fight to go on when her son so poignantly wanted it to end? Poor Robert. Poor Rebecca. I hope he managed to get in on time the night before. I hope he was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home